[asterisk-dev] realtime, rtcachefriends/rtupdate, qualify and hints interaction

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Mar 10 08:37:18 CST 2010

Ron Arts wrote:
> I am planning on writing a patch to refresh the realtime cache
> after a sip reload, but maybe I'm doing the wrong thing here.
>
> Now. What I'd like to do is:
>
> 1. ensure that a SUBSCRIBE message from a phone fills the realtime
>     cache, so the subscribe succeeds
> 2. somehow ensure that after a sip reload the entire cache is refreshed
>     so that qualifying keeps happening.
>
> Is this stupid for some reason? Did I miss something?

I'm sure there is a reason this is they way it is, and that a developer will
enlighten us as to why this is the case, but I agree that it'd be nice to not
require the phones to re-register to get put back in the cache with realtime
after a sip reload.

I'm not sure I'd go the route of refreshing the cache after a sip reload (i.e.
clearing the cache, then trying to load all the information back into memory
from the database) -- I have a vague recollection of a reason why this was not
possible.

However, maybe it would be easier to implement a system that simply doesn't
remove the entries from memory upon a reload? Without knowing anything about the
core code, and only about the implementation of realtime, I'm not sure if this
is an appropriate route either.

Hopefully an experienced developer in chan_sip and database integration can
enlighten us as to why things are implemented the way they are. It may be
possible that no developer has scratched the itch, as it were.

Leif Madsen.