[asterisk-dev] asterisk hangs, US$500 for who fixes the problem

rvhi rvhi rvhihi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 00:19:52 CST 2010

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 1.2.x to 1.4.29.1. Quite often, 10 times a day,
Asterisk hangs. Register packets are not processed. Server slows down to a
halt. Can't even login or run any command. It lasts in minutes, literally
exactly 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 minutes. Without doing anything, it came back
itself. Asterisk log shows no entry during this round minutes. I have
tcpdump to capture the packets. The traffic totally stops during this time,
no incoming or outgoing. I think that it is because all CPU are devoted to
something else. There should almost be REGISTER packets comingn in. At one
time, top shows CPU is 293% for asterisk process.

Since it is always round minutes, it must be some kind of deadlock. I have a
local bind server running dns. Internet is very stable. I can reach other
server on the same subnet during that time.

I need help immediately. If you know all inside knobs of asterisk and can
fix our problem, please contact me directly rvhihi at gmail.com.

Thanks,