[asterisk-dev] GSoC 2010 - Calling for Project Ideas and Mentors

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Mar 4 08:41:31 CST 2010

On 03/04/2010 08:34 AM, Vinícius Fontes wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, but did any of the patches written in the last GSoC made it to stable Asterisk releases already?

Unfortunately not.  Of the four projects, one was not completed, two
(who worked together) are done and ready to be merged to trunk after a
last couple of minor tweaks listed on the code review and is just
waiting on the student to commit it when he is ready, and the last might
have a couple of weeks worth of work left on it.

The most significant contributing factor to not having code merged into
trunk by the end of the program was the selection of projects larger in
scope than what we should have been aiming for.  I plan to be much more
aggressive about limiting the scope for project proposals this time to
help ensure that not only is code written, but we have time to get it
tested, reviewed, and merged by the end of the program.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software