[asterisk-dev] Timerb is not connected to the file sip.conf

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Mar 2 00:11:19 CST 2010

> All versions, 1.6.0, 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 show a disconnection between the value
> timerb as indicated in sip.conf and what shows when you type "sip show
> settings".
> Federico

Hi!
  I was looking at the source (1.6.1.14) and it seems that timerb= is now
defined per peer only, not globally. I've put it experimentally onto the
definition of one of my peers:

[freecall]
type=peer
secret=guess_it_please
defaultuser=itsme
fromuser=itsme
fromdomain=sip.voiparound.com
host=sip.voiparound.com
transport=udp
dtmfmode=rfc2833
qualify=400
timerb=15000

and the effect was immediate:

hyper*CLI> sip reload
hyper*CLI> sip show peer freecall

  * Name       : freecall
  Timer B      : 15000

So, the bug is not in the source, but in the documentation and in the sip.conf
template, where the global timer B entry is still noted.

With regards, Pavel.