[asterisk-dev] SIPconnect 1.1 Compliance?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Mar 1 16:32:15 CST 2010

VASEEM wrote:

> I am looking to test some SIP-PBXs for SIPconnect 1.1 compliance in a
> Cable environment. I know that the spec is still incomplete but would
> like know what features are currently implemented ( and missing) from
> asterisk.

No review of Asterisk against the SIPConnect 1.1 draft has been done.
The list you are looking for does not exist.

> 1. What is the road-map for supporting SIPconnect1.1? Any approximate
> date would help

There is no roadmap, because no review has been done. The review has not
been done because the specification has not been published yet, and when
it is published someone will have to justify spending the time to review
 (and test) the code for compliance.

> 2. How far is current version from SIPconnect 1.1? Is there any list of
> deltas?

No review has been done.

> 3. I saw that this has been tested with cBeyond and lot of other CLECS.
> Any testing done with Cable service providers like COX / Cablevision?

Define 'this' in this context. Are you referring to Asterisk itself? If
so, Asterisk has been used with SIP trunks from hundreds of providers,
and I'm sure many of them are cable providers. In general, the transport
mechanism that carries the IP packets (which contain UDP packets with
SIP messages in them) is not really relevant; what's important is what
sort of SIP softswitch is being used to provide the trunks.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com