[asterisk-dev] can we change dynamic to static ip address

Tezso Jacob jacob at acecranes.com
Tue Jun 29 08:46:08 CDT 2010

Hi
       Iam a system administrator in a company called acecranes where we
have implemented asterisk server and using the the pbx services from it .
Since iam from windows background iam not much aware of the stuff and
recently I have done the basic course on asterisk from digicom.
I have a query : currently we have 3.5 internet router which act also as a
dhcp server and the all extension get the ip address from it.
It is possible to give static ip address to extensions and have tried out
one test extension if I make all the extension to static will I face any
issue and is it recommended

Please suggest

Thanks & regards,

Tezso Jacob

ACE CRANE SYSTEMS LLC
P.O.Box 231314
Dubai - U.A.E.
Tel: +971 6 7433 949
Fax: +971 6 7433 929
Mob: +971 55 2249351
www.acecranes.com

Overhead Cranes, Goliath Cranes, Jib Cranes, Monorail Hoists, Chain Hoists,
Explosion Proof Cranes Load Testing & Certification, Break-down Calls,
Preventive Maintenance & Repair Services AMC, Crane Spare Parts

Toll Free: +971 800 223 364