[asterisk-dev] ast_read and frames of type AST_FRAME_NULL?

Bryan Field-Elliot bryan+asterisk-dev at nextalarm.com
Tue Jun 22 18:45:10 CDT 2010

On Jun 22, 2010, at 4:12 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:

Your timeout to ast_waitfor() is 100ms.  As it is written, you will be
calling ast_read() on the channel every time it times out, and not just
when you're actually supposed to.

Thank you, but I think there is more going on here. I just raised it to 250 (I have played with other values before), and am getting the same results -- far more AST_FRAME_NULLs than seems right. With a value of 250, I should be getting no more than 4 AST_FRAME_NULL's per second of each call, correct? I'm seeing calls complete with several hundred null frames being discarded, even though the calls are only around 30 seconds in length.