[asterisk-dev] case sensitivity with global variables

Wed Jun 16 12:23:13 CDT 2010

Hi Tilghman!

I have update to 1.6.2-branch and tested again:

Set(FOO=BAR);
Verbose(${FOO});          BAR
Verbose(${foo});          BAR
Set(foo=bar);
Verbose(${FOO});          bar
Verbose(${foo});          bar

Set(GLOBAL(FOO2)=BAR);
Verbose(${GLOBAL(FOO2)});  BAR
Verbose(${GLOBAL(foo2)});  <null>
Set(GLOBAL(foo2)=bar);
Verbose(${GLOBAL(FOO2)});  BAR
Verbose(${GLOBAL(foo2)});  bar
Verbose(${FOO2});          bar
Verbose(${foo2});          bar

So it seems that global variables, when handled via the GLOBAL function,
are now case sensitive.

But normal channel variables, and global channel variables accessed
directly, are still case insensitive.

regards
Klaus