[asterisk-dev] Shut down gracefully & Channel responses

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jun 15 09:14:57 CDT 2010

15 jun 2010 kl. 16.08 skrev Nick Lewis:

>> I think changing the API to be more
>> complete is better than adding an
>> extra call to the one we already
>> have though...
> I assume that not all methods cause the api to be called though
Only calls with INVITE start a PBX. Or do you mean something else?

>> If so, then we would refuse BYE as
>> well, which is not what we want.
> Good point
>
>> handle_request_invite() is the
>> function you want to be in.
> Something may need to go into all handle_request_xxx e.g. register,
> subscribe
Why? Shut down gracefully is just about denying new calls. While doing that, we can certainly server REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE and REFER.
Or? Should we deny call transfers in that mode? Hmm. Wonder how that works today in the PBX. It's really a new call. Interesting question.

/O