[asterisk-dev] func_devstate - compile error - version issue?

Ted Guarriello Ted at usgrp.net
Mon Jun 14 14:14:03 CDT 2010

I went to compile the latest devstate.c into an asterisk 1.4 deployment (PIAF 1.6) and received an error regarding the declaration of state_val on line 188. The correction is obvious: change the declaration from "enum ast_devstate_val state_val;" to "int state_val;" based on the fact that ast_devstate_val() returns an int on line 206.  Although I am sure this is the problem in my current deployment,  I am baffled at how it might have become an issue - was state_val once an enum before the tokens were defined in devicestate.h - am I crossing versions?