[asterisk-dev] Relating Monitor Recording to a Call Unique ID

M Metzger matt.metzger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:53:29 CDT 2010

Hello everyone!

I am new but am very impressed with what I already can see in Asterisk. I
have a question too though, hopefully a very simple one.

How can I relate the Asterisk call initiating UniqueID to the monitor audio
recording filename - with certainty? It appears the monitor files are a
collection of values, one part of which seems to be a one-off of the
Asterisk call originating UniqueID. Do these relate the same every time. I
cannot tell if the monitor file will contain the call initiating UniqueID +
1 every time or if this is an inconsistent process. Please let me know.
Also, please let me know if clarification is needed.

Ultimately, what I would like to do is keep a list of the unique ids when
calls are initiated and later find the audio recording based in part on the
UniqueID value.

Thank you for all of your help!

- Matthew