[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] ast_callerid restructuring

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri Jun 11 10:00:02 CDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> 11 jun 2010 kl. 00.13 skrev rmudgett at digium.com:
>
> > SIP and Q.SIG have the
> > ability to indicate what character set a name string is using so it
> > could be presented properly.
>
> How do we do that in SIP?

I know Q.SIG can specify the character set for the name since that is where the character set enumeration values came from.  I know SIP uses UTF8.  I don't know if it has the ability to specify anything else.  Chan_sip can now be modified to specify an incoming name with UTF8.  The name field still has to be null terminated though since it is still a C string.

Richard