[asterisk-dev] Automated Testing Update

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Sat Jul 31 08:44:50 CDT 2010

  On 7/30/2010 4:00 AM, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:
> +1
>
> This is the most exciting feature in Asterisk 1.8 (for me). As Asterisk is a
> very diverse community, there are people interested in features, and people
> interested in stability. With this version, I think both will be happy.
>
> Thanks a lot!
It still boggles my mind how many issues are found before they are even
committed to trigger a test suite issue with reviewboard. The
combination of reviewboard and the test suite I think has caused the
quality of code going into Asterisk, and the maintenance of that code,
to be a significant step forward in Asterisk development.

I want to thank all the developers who have made this possible, and to
Russell Bryant for making this such a high priority and getting the
tools running. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far and who
plans on contributing in the future!

<shameless_plug>
As for the book "Asterisk Test Suite: The Future of Asterisk", that'll
have to work as we've been busy at work on the next Asterisk book, which
I'm crazy excited about. We're still a few months off though as the
amount of information we're planning on having in the book is pretty
extensive!

(Although I think we'll probably have a section about the test suite in
the book, similar to the blog post that I've written with some
additional information about writing a simple test. We'll see!)
</shameless_plug>

Leif Madsen.