[asterisk-dev] Libpri - ISDN SETUP called number length

Leonid Fainshtein leonid.fainshtein at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 26 06:41:59 CDT 2010

I'd like to add some more details. This is actually EuroISDN requirement.

The ETS 300 102-1 states:

4.5.8 Called party number
The purpose of the Called party number information element is to
identify the called party of a call.
The Called party number information element is coded as shown in figure
4.14 and table 4.8.
The maximum length of this information element is 23 octets.

The ITU-T Q.931 states:

4.5.8 Called party number
The purpose of the Called party number information element is to
identify the called party of a call.
The Called party number information element is coded as shown in Figure
4-14 and Table 4-9.
The maximum length of this information element is network dependent.

Leonid Fainshtein
Xorcom Ltd