[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP URI comparison test (plus some bug fixes)

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Thu Jul 22 17:26:46 CDT 2010

On Thursday, July 22, 2010, 04:11:33, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> On 07/22/2010 08:58 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> 21 jul 2010 kl. 16.56 skrev Rod Dorman:

>>> Not only that, in RFC 3986 "Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic
>>> Syntax" under section "7.4 Rare IP Address Formats" it explicitly states
>>>    These additional IP address formats are not allowed in the URI
>>>    syntax due to differences between platform implementations.
>>>

>> Right. That's the theory. Then you have what happens out there in the wild...
>>
>> The new draft points out in very detail that you should compare the ip address in binary. Period.
>
> I don't think that was the point he was making; his point was that the
> conversion from text format to binary format should *always* interpret
> the digit strings as decimal,

Yes, that is what I was was trying to point out.

> regardless of whether any digit group starts with a zero digit or not.

If I'm reading the BNF correctly the definition of dec-octet does not
allow a leading 0 other than when it is a single 0.

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh