[asterisk-dev] 1.8 commit criteria

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jul 22 03:14:43 CDT 2010

On 07/22/2010 09:18 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> 21 jul 2010 kl. 22.57 skrev Philip Prindeville:
>
>> I'm trying to figure out what the cut-list criteria is for getting a fix into 1.8 is, which is in 2 days.
>
> With all the issues we have with IPv6 and the old issues for TCP/TLS that I think should be fixed, I would not like to see any fork in two days. The code base is not ready. Doing it know would not be very wise.

Branching is a feature freeze (and even a somewhat 'soft' freeze as
Russell has stated), not a bug fix freeze. The purpose of branching is
to start the beta testing process and get more users helping to find the
sorts of issues you've pointed out, so they can be fixed. If we
attempted to wait until there were no known issues, we'd never release
anything :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com