[asterisk-dev] Compilation Error - $100 USD Bounty

Steve Poirier mousepad99 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 17:04:42 CDT 2010

Hello All,

I've a bunch of Asterisk boxes, all of them mostly on CentOS 5, some RHEL 5.

I've about 7  of them that won't compile asterisk anymore.  No matter
which version. I don't know what broke it. Asterisk that was compiled
previously works fine.

All the affected boxes already have asterisk running on them and all
of them were able to compile asterisk since I always install from the
source.

Here's the error, from 1.4.32.1:

# make
readline.c: In function 'rl_bind_key':
readline.c:1608: error: 'ED_INSERT' undeclared (first use in this function)
readline.c:1608: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
readline.c:1608: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [readline.o_a] Error 1
make[1]: *** [editline/libedit.a] Error 2
make: *** [main] Error 2

Offering $100 via Paypal to anyone who can fix on about 7 machines,
or send proper instructions on how to fix. If you believe this is
worth more than that and you know how to fix, please let me know your
price.

Please contact me off list.

mousepad99 at gmail dot com

Steve