[asterisk-dev] Read multi-line variables in AGI

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Jul 19 07:17:22 CDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> So for me the best way will be split up the message in multiple
> variables - even if this is an ugly workaround.
> To base64 encode the text looks like a more ugly workaround for it.

I actually don't find the base64 encoding approach that ugly.  There is a base64 C API that will make it very easy to encode.  There are also some BASE64() dialplan functions that will make it easy to decode.

exten => sms,1,NoOp(SMS is ${BASE64_DECODE(${SMS})})

As a user, I would much rather have to do this decode step than have the message split into a variable per line.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software