[asterisk-dev] Read multi-line variables in AGI

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Sat Jul 17 16:44:16 CDT 2010

Hello List,

I would like to read in multi-line variables using an AGI script.
The problem is that I can not determine the end the variable.

A similar problem happend with the manager interface. There is also no way to pass multiline variables.
For the manager I am splitting up the variable in chan_datacard into multiple lines eg:
LineCount: 3
MessageLine1: This is the
MessageLine2: content
MessageLine3: of the variable

Have I missed something or is there really no better way of working with multiline variables?
Should I also split the multi-line variable in multiple variables for AGI?

Thanks, Artem