[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Make ACLs IPv6-capable

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Thu Jul 15 09:52:44 CDT 2010

On 2010-07-15 10:45, Mark Michelson wrote:
> After reading more of Simon's comments, I'm inclined to think that I may
> have overthought this way too much. Basically, the consensus between
> Olle and Simon is that IPv4 ACLs should only apply to IPv4 and
> IPv4-mapped addresses, and IPv6 ACLs should only apply to IPv6 addresses

Yes!

> (which would include IPv4-mapped addresses, too, I suppose).

Yes and no. The first thing the ACL code should do when it gets an
IPv4-mapped address fed to it is convert it to IPv4. So IPv6 ACL code
doesn't need to be concerned with IPv4-mapped addresses at all.

> I'm going to get to work to change things around. I'll just close the
> current review request and open a new one since I imagine the new
> request will not resemble the old one very much.

Ok! I'm looking forward to reading it!

Simon
--
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca