[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Make ACLs IPv6-capable

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Thu Jul 15 08:07:05 CDT 2010

On 2010-07-14 17:42, Mark Michelson wrote:
> * I do a lot of manual setting of sin_addr6::sin6_addrs rather than
> using ast_sockaddr_parse() or getaddrinfo(). The reason for this is
> to avoid unnecessary system calls when applying host access rules.

This is wrong. ast_sockaddr_parse() does not perform any system calls.
Why should it need to? If it does, then it's a bug that should be fixed.

Also, the reason for not using getaddrinfo() in ACL code should not be
that it performs system calls (even though it may). The reason should be
that you're supposed to use the netsock2 API instead of calling
getaddrinfo() directly.

Simon
--
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca