[asterisk-dev] Dial 'd' option improvement

Tim Ringenbach tim.ringenbach at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 15:29:48 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Mark Murawski <markm at intellasoft.net> wrote:

> When using Dial from AGI, ${EXITCONTEXT} only is used for digit matching, and control returns to the agi script... so having any extens defined in the exit context is pretty useless in this case.  What I'm proposing is moving EXITCONTEXT to an option parameter such as d[([digits][@context])].

I don't have a strong opinion on your proposed change, but I wanted to
point out one thing:

I don't think that's completely true. I haven't tested this case, but
most things that do a Goto while you're in an AGI do set a new
context, extension and priority, it's just that you're in the agi
still so you don't execute them until the AGI completes. It's
effectively the same as using the agi commands "set extension", "set
context" and "set priority". And you can see that this has happened by
asking for the EXTEN variable and notices that it's changed.

--Tim