[asterisk-dev] Standardizing CLI commands across modules

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Jul 14 09:40:54 CDT 2010

On 10-07-13 04:56 PM, Steve Edwards wrote:
> I've been advised that I can do all this voodoo using aliases, but I
> suspect I'll lose command completion or some other feature if I go down
> this path and I suspect I'm not the only one who finds the current CLI
> obtuse.

Well the decision was made (for better or for worse) between 1.2 and 1.4 -- the
discussion about the formatting happened a long time ago, so there isn't much to
be done about that there.

However, you just need to enable the template for the version of Asterisk you
want. Tab complete still works I'm about 99% sure (I just don't have a box to
test it on this very second).

Leif.