[asterisk-dev] ast_read() called with no recorded file descriptor. (reulsting in a loop causing: memory leak/high CPU usage)

Julien Chavanton jc at atlastelecom.com
Mon Jul 12 09:12:52 CDT 2010

I think I have found more information about this problem crashing the server.

I have faced twice on different installation/service completely different, on each of them there is a timeout absolute involved, this is probably why on a few face this problem. it is probably a glare condition, there is only little chances of facing this problem everything a timeout is triggered.
Seems like some handle is destroyed and ast_read() is looping.

Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=${MAXTIME})

I will make sure to grab the "T" extension everywhere, maybe this will help ?