[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] simon.perreault: branch group/v6-new r274766 - /team/group/v6-new/main/

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Thu Jul 8 11:43:28 CDT 2010

On 2010-07-08 12:27, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> I had proposed that before in a code review, and he replied that it was
> intentionally ugly, since the port numbers were not aligned with one another
> in the union, thus making a port assignment to the wrong address type a
> coding error.

This interpretation is a bit narrow. The rationale has nothing to do
with ports. It has to do with mistakenly using an IPv4 address as an
IPv6 address and vice-versa. I realize now that my example given on the
review board had to do with ports and could be misleading.

Simon
--
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server        --> http://numb.viagenie.ca