[asterisk-dev] TCP behavior

Thu Jul 8 10:38:02 CDT 2010

Hi!

I just made some tests with trunk and SIP over TCP/TLS.

I wonder how Asterisk should behave when TCP connections fail. E.g.
after registration I killed eyebeam. Thus, a RST packet was sent to
Asterisk. Nevertheless the registration will be kept until it expires.
If i now try to call the killed client, Asterisk writes to console:

  WARNING[28782]: chan_sip.c:3036 __sip_xmit: sip_xmit of 0xb875fe0 (len
1519) to 83.136.33.3:3558 returned -2: Success

but this does not cause a CHANUNAVAIL or similar - Asterisk just keeps
waiting for some timeout (really takes a lone time).

Shouldn't chan_sip immediately report an error to Dial application if
the TCP connection has gone, or TCP send failure happens?

regards
klaus