[asterisk-dev] Question about Asterisk in the RTCP protocol

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Jul 7 03:46:05 CDT 2010

6 jul 2010 kl. 13.00 skrev oueslati mahjoub:

> Hello,
>

> What is the contribution of Asterisk in the RTCP protocol: Does it simply forwards the reports received from endpoints or it acts as an RTCP endpoint (constructs RTCP packets and sends them to the two endpoints of the communication).

Asterisk is a back 2 back UA, so we're the end point of the call. Current versions of Asterisk has limited support, but I have a development branch for 1.4 with improved support (pinefrog) that is currently in the progress of being updated to trunk. Hopefully we can get it to be part of 1.8.

Please read http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/oej/pinefrog-1.4/README.pinefrog-rtcp

/O