[asterisk-dev] Handling 482 Loop Detected responses

Tue Jul 6 10:32:20 CDT 2010

Am 06.07.2010 16:45, schrieb Mark Michelson:
> On 07/05/2010 04:25 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Maybe this code in Asterisk was added to handle 482 responses created
>> and received by the same Asterisk server, without considering the
>> scenario where the 482 is generated by an external component?
>>
>> regards
>> Klaus
>>
> After reading Klaus's response, this is really the only thing that makes
> any sense to me. It seems like some assumptions were made that should
> not have been, and it's about time that this code gets removed.

IMO, if Asterisk should be able to handle spiraled requests, then it
should just create a new dialog for the incoming call - thus having 2
dialogs (one outgoing and one incoming) for a spiraled call.

Incoming Routing just depends on source IP address of the incoming
request (e.g. a SIP proxy which forwards the call from a GW-Asterisk to
the same GW-Asterisk)

regards
Klaus