[asterisk-dev] asterisk-addons

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Jan 30 05:06:24 CST 2010

30 jan 2010 kl. 11.46 skrev Tzafrir Cohen:

> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 04:04:26PM +0530, Bhrugu Mehta wrote:
>> hi,
>> thnks for reply,
>> what is build system?
>
> As I mentioned, the makefiles, Makefile*
>
> Are you familiar with the utility 'make'?

In this case specifically the configure system. In short:

1. To build Asterisk, you start with running "configure"
2. Configure scans your system and detects various pieces of software that Asterisk may use or require
3. Menuselect use this input to build the menu system.
    If a third-party library is missing, menuselect disables the module.
    This is what you saw in the res_config_mysql.c file - the instructions for menuselect.
4. The actual build is done by make, which also gets input from configure on
    how to build and link Asterisk on your platform.

So in order to add oracle, you need to add Oracle library detection to
configure and add the needed instructions in your source code files for menuselect.
I believe there's documentation on this either on Asterisk.org or in doxygen.
Russell has made several presentations on this, which should be available if you
google on the keywords given above.

/O