[asterisk-dev] chan_sip: configurable peer username in digest authentication

Pietro Bertera p.bertera at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 11:23:02 CST 2010

nice idea..
do you think is a good idea to use the auth parameter in peer configuration?

example of sip.conf:
[general]
  realm=mylocalrealm

[peerName]
  auth=user:password at remoteRealm ; used for outbound authentication
  auth=localUser:localPassword at mylocalrealm ;used for inbound authentication

I wonder if using the same auth parameter could add confusion in
configuration file..
What do you think?