[asterisk-dev] Asterisk INVITE request problems

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 29 06:59:05 CST 2010

29 jan 2010 kl. 13.50 skrev Josep Benavent:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to connect my application to Asterisk using a proxy SER
> with JAIN-SIP libraries and I'm getting problems when I  send an
> invite process.
>
> The dialogue I implement is detailed following:
>
> --> Send REGISTER
> <-- Receive 100 Trying
> <-- Receive 401 Unautorized
> --> Resend REGISTER with  Authorization header (in response of 401 Nonce)
> <-- Receive 100 Trying
> <-- Receive 200 OK
> --> Send INVITE (1)
> <-- Receive 407 Proxy Authentication Required (2)
> --> Send 200 OK (3)
> --> Resend INVITE with Proxy-Authentication header (in response of 403
> Nonce) (4)
> <-- Receive 407 Proxy Authentication Required (5)

> The problem I have is I never can obtain a correct response to the
> INVITE (the authenticate invite, which includes the response value of
> the 407 response); I can't complete the INVITE dialogue
> successfully....
>
> alvo at i2cat.net out_uri=sip:xavier.calvo at i2cat.net
> via_cnt==1"
>

> I think my problem is in the calculate Digest function (perhaps the
> fields I specified to calculate that Digest are wrong???, not the
> function itself, because it works in the INVITE authentication).
>
> Any suggestion or idea will be appreciated.

I can't really help you since this is not really an Asterisk issue, it's an issue on your side. The only advice is to check your algorithm against the RFCs or take a quick look into chan_sip.c and see how we've done it. You know, the source is freely available so you can study how it works :-)

Best regards,
/Olle