[asterisk-dev] AGI SAY DATETIME not working as expected

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Thu Jan 28 13:40:49 CST 2010

Can anyone give me some insight into the SAY DATETIME agi command.

I am giving it a value like
SAY DATETIME 1264686554 # ABdY'digits/at'IMpT  Central

When it says the date and time there are several issues.
1.      According to the wicki the ABdY'digits/at'IMpT string should read the time zone on the end but it gives me the full military time instead of the time zone. How do I get it to read the time zone?
2.      I have tried many combinations for the [TIMEZONE] value. If I don't provide a value it reads the time in UTC if I provide any value it reads the time in the local machine time zone (Eastern).  What should I be using for timezone values to get this to work correctly?  I have tried Central, Eastern, Pacific, Mountain. I have tried putting US/ZoneValue and nothing seems to be working. I want to be able to have my app vary the time based on the time zone for the called party wich may be in a zone different from the Local Machine time zone.
Thanks
Bryant