[asterisk-dev] Asterisk application and SIP channel

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Jan 28 08:51:10 CST 2010

On 01/28/2010 02:18 AM, nedo nodo wrote:
> I'm new of Asterisk. I'm studying how improve an application of Asterisk
> (app_konference). Now I need a lot of RTP information like audio/video
> ports, ip address etc. The application receive from Asterisk only
> ast_channel data structure that doesn't contain RTP information. How can I
> retrieve these information?

Strictly speaking, this violates Asterisk architecture.  Applications
are supposed to work independently of what channel type is in use.
However, there is one interface that could be extended to provide the
information you need.  Take a look at the CHANNEL() function defined in
funcs/func_channel.c.  Through this dialplan function, channel drivers
can provide channel type specific information.  chan_sip already
provides a number of things.  You could extend it to suit your needs and
execute CHANNEL() from the application.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software