[asterisk-dev] 0015539: [patch] Registerrequestlinecontainswrong address when domain and registrarhost differ

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jan 26 07:10:11 CST 2010

26 jan 2010 kl. 14.01 skrev Nick Lewis:

>> Thanks for being persistent and beating my head on this topic!
> Thanks to you for being open to alternative views
No problem - it's just fun to learn new stuff. I've updated my training slides :-)

> I had assumed that the @@ format of the register string was in order to
> configure the registrar host in cases where it was not simply the domain
> part of the AOR. For example the registration string
> "register=userinfo at host" makes the AOR "userinfo at host" and registrar
> "host" whereas "register=userinfo at fromdomain@host" makes the AOR
> "userinfo at fromdomain" and the registrar "host"

I see how you think, but it was more designed for ob proxy use, which is why I use the domain from the SIP uri.

Now we need both obproxy and registrar, which means that we can forget about that string and do it right (TM).

Again, we need to check if Asterisk supports this URI on incoming with domain support turned on. How does Asterisk know if it has a registrar NAME aside from the domains we're responsible for? Or should we just add the registrar domain as another domain and be happy?

/O