[asterisk-dev] Manager "sipchannel" command

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Tue Jan 19 16:03:00 CST 2010

On Monday 18 January 2010 06:15:34 Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> I am implementing a manager command that can report properties on a SIP
> channel. Right now, I'm only interested in QoS. (for obvious reasons).

>---- *CLI> manager show command SIPchannel
> Action: SIPchannel
> Synopsis: Show information about SIP channel
> Privilege: call,all
> Variables:
>   Channel: <name>        The channel name (AST) you want to check.
>   ActionID: <id>	  Optional action ID for this AMI transaction.
>   Datatype: <name>	  Optional parameter name required. If not specified,
> all data will be sent

I think "datatype" is the wrong name.  Perhaps "DataElement" or "ElementName"
would be better.  When I think of a datatype, I think of a string, integer,
float, etc.

>----
>
> Now, for QoS we have to report data for all RTP streams. I was wondering
> how to label the manager headers. I don't want LocalJitterAudio and
> LocalJitterVideo - so I started experimenting with parentesis. Meanwhile,
> we decided to use that for channel identifiers in events/responses
> including multiple channels. So the question is what kind of syntax I could
> use here.
>
> Current output:

>---- action: sipchannel
> datatype: qos
> channel: SIP/pinefrog6-00000000
>
> Response: Success
> LocalSSRC(audio): 593163852
> RemoteSSRC(audio): 0
> LocalJitter(audio): 0
> LocalPacketCount(audio): 0
> RemotePacketCount(audio): 0
> LocalLostPackets(audio): 0
> RemoteLostPackets(audio): 0
> RemoteJitter(audio): 1
> MediaRtt(audio): 25889302

I wonder if it should be the opposite:

Audio.local_ssrc: ...
Audio.remote_ssrc: ...

This keeps the current order that we have when we query the CHANNEL()
qos variables:  CHANNEL(rtpqos,audio,local_ssrc).  Following the current
naming within the CHANNEL() function may also be a good way to go.  I
think periods would also work better here.  We already use parentheses in
AMI for channel variables:
ChanVariable(SIP/103-0001): foo=bar

--
Tilghman Lesher