[asterisk-dev] New Spandsp FAX Backend

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jan 19 07:43:15 CST 2010

Matthew Nicholson wrote:

> I should have probably included some instructions on using the backend.
> To build the spandsp backend, you will need spandsp installed.  It can
> be downloaded from http://soft-switch.org.  Once spandsp is installed,
> Asterisk can be configured and built in the normal manner.
>
> All faxing operations are done through the SendFAX and ReceiveFAX
> dialplan applications.  They accept a TIFF file as either the file to
> send or as the destination of the received file.  More information can
> be found in the documentation for those two applications.

Also note that in that branch, app_fax is still present, so if you have
spandsp installed *both* app_fax and res_fax_spandsp will be built.
Since app_fax and res_fax register the same application names (SendFAX
and ReceiveFAX), you will either need to use menuselect to disable
app_fax from being built, or edit /etc/asterisk/modules.conf to
explicitly noload app_fax.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com