[asterisk-dev] Manager "sipchannel" command

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Jan 18 06:15:34 CST 2010

I am implementing a manager command that can report properties on a SIP channel. Right now, I'm only interested in QoS.
(for obvious reasons).

*CLI> manager show command SIPchannel
Action: SIPchannel
Synopsis: Show information about SIP channel
Privilege: call,all
Variables:
  Channel: <name>        The channel name (AST) you want to check.
  ActionID: <id>	  Optional action ID for this AMI transaction.
  Datatype: <name>	  Optional parameter name required. If not specified, all data will be sent

  Datatype 	Description
	qos	Current QoS value for this channel (sender and receiver)

This should be extensible with other datatypes in the future.

Now, for QoS we have to report data for all RTP streams. I was wondering how to label the manager headers. I don't want LocalJitterAudio and LocalJitterVideo - so I started experimenting with parentesis. Meanwhile, we decided to use that for channel identifiers in events/responses including multiple channels. So the question is what kind of syntax I could use here.

Current output:

action: sipchannel
datatype: qos
channel: SIP/pinefrog6-00000000

Response: Success
LocalSSRC(audio): 593163852
RemoteSSRC(audio): 0
LocalJitter(audio): 0
LocalPacketCount(audio): 0
RemotePacketCount(audio): 0
LocalLostPackets(audio): 0
RemoteLostPackets(audio): 0
RemoteJitter(audio): 1
MediaRtt(audio): 25889302

Should I move to

MediaRtt[Audio]

using square brackets. In the future, one could come up with

label[index](channel)

headers for events.

What do you think?

/O