[asterisk-dev] SIP invite to localhost/loopback

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jan 12 02:07:33 CST 2010

The limitation is that loop detection is performed by proxies, not
back-to-back user agents (B2BUAs) like Asterisk.

Loop detection relies on detecting that the same logical leg is re-
entering the system that has previously left it.

Since Asterisk generates a completely new call leg every time you Dial
(), how would you define "looping" formally?

Besides, there may be legitimate applications in some cases for Dial()
ing to the local host.

-- Alex

--
Sent from mobile device