[asterisk-dev] rtp p2pbridge and rtcp

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 8 01:49:01 CST 2010

7 jan 2010 kl. 23.04 skrev Joshua Colp:

> ----- "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Any specific reason why RTCP wasn't handled in the p2p bridge, or was
>> it just out of scope at the time?
>
> That was quite a long time ago but if I remember correctly the goal was just to get the really
> heavy offender for packets (which is RTP). Revisiting RTCP and determining if the right thing to do
> is just pass it through unaltered is certainly possible.

Thanks for the feedback, that confirmed what I suspected.

You did great work with the p2p bridge (which I proved in my tests). I'll see if I can add some RTCP flavour to it. We want Asterisk to be the RTCP endpoint and get measurements. If I can't, I might want to try to find a Muffin delivery local to you to deliver bribes ;-)

/O