[asterisk-dev] Sub Address support for CDR logs

Will nyphbl8d at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 07:14:33 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Benny Amorsen
<benny+usenet at amorsen.dk<benny%2Busenet at amorsen.dk>
> wrote:

> Whether it's a good idea to add a magic divider in the CDR field is
> debatable though. What happens if ISDN somehow becomes capable of
> alphanumeric dialing? If colon becomes a valid character, the CDR's are
> ambiguous. Perhaps that is unrealistic.
>

> /Benny

FYI, ISDN already supports alphanumeric dialing.  I'm not sure if : is a
supported symbol, but ISDN uses a full byte for each digit and it appears to
be ascii from what I've seen, so : may very well be supported along with ",