[asterisk-dev] Sub Address support for CDR logs

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jan 7 04:18:25 CST 2010

>Otherwise I have no idea - need to learn what an ISDN subaddress is first.

In summary and our specific use, ISDN Subaddress allows you to dial a
specific device at a remote number.

These days, the specific device, now becomes an extension, thus you can dial
desk to desk, assuming both sites are running subaddress capable PABX's, of
which asterisk now is.

See https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15604#108339 for a very basic
implementation.

>Modifying a CDR field will lead to a revolution in the user base.
Especially changing src and dst. If we do that, it has to be optional.
To avoid starting a revolution. I'm in favour of adding fields, but not sure
how other databases will handle this.

Alec