[asterisk-dev] Cannot load chan_dahdi.so

Dan Amarandei dan.amarandei at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 23:46:27 CST 2010

Anyone know what this means?

[Jan  1 01:36:13] WARNING[358] loader.c:385 load_dynamic_module: Error

'chan_dahdi.so' is clearly there with the rest of the shared objects
looks like an elf library just like expected yet I get this. When
debugging even the first line of execution in chan_dahdi.c is not hit
(res = setup_dahdi(0); in the load_module function) and in loader.c :

if (!(lib = dlopen(fn, RTLD_LAZY | RTLD_LOCAL))) {
		ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Error loading module '%s': %s\n", resource_in,
dlerror());
		ast_free(resource_being_loaded);
		return NULL;
	}

lib is null after opening chan_dahdi.so instead of a valid handle like
for the rest of the modules.

Is my build process messing up chan_dahdi.so somehow? There are
obviously no compilation errors or warnings about the dahdi portion of
asterisk. By the way this is for Asterisk 1.6.1.6 and is compiled for
Blackfin.

Thanks.