[asterisk-dev] Jabber more usefull received messages

Ruddy Gbaguidi plugworld at micnes.com
Mon Jan 4 17:15:54 CST 2010

Hi

I can see that the jabber module in asterisk was basicly designed to send
messages from asterisk to a client.

When a client send a message back to asterisk, asterisk will just log it on
the CLI.

This prevent people to build two directional applications where asterisk and
a jabber client can "chat" .

I propose that :

-          we add  callback or registrer function that a custom application
can use. If a message is receive, that function is call

-          or we have a mutex/signal that is fired when a message is
receive. Then, a custom application can wait until the signal is fired and
read the client->messages list

What do you think ??

Ruddy Gbaguidi