[asterisk-dev] Regarding the "progressinband" SIP option

Mon Jan 4 03:11:21 CST 2010

Pavel Troller schrieb:
> Hi!
>   First of all, Happy New Year to all of you, and a really big success of
> Asterisk!
>
>   And now, to the business. I'm a bit misoriented with the "progressinband"
> option in chan_sip. When it is sent to "never", Asterisk doesn't generate
> ringing tone, but sends "180 Ringing" provisional response. The other
> options (no, yes) behaved identically on my setup, causing Asterisk to send
> a ringing tone but not 180 Ringing.
>   What I would like, is to send both of them.

Probably it depends on the outgoing channel. If the outgoing channel
receives "ALERTING", Asterisk should send 180, and if the outgoing
channel receives "PROGRESS", Asterisk should send 183. Which technology
do you use on the outgoing channel? Is there "PROGRESS" and "ALERTING"?

regards
klaus

For example, on the Linksys