[asterisk-dev] Fwd: res_pktccops

Nahuel Greco ngreco at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:17:51 CST 2010

Maybe you missed this answer from me?:

--
 This module was added in a chan_mgcp patch, to add support for the
PacketCable MGCP variation called NCS. Res_pktccops implements COPS
(RFC 2748), a protocol used to manage dynamic bandwith allocation in
CMTS's (HFC gateways). When you use NCS, you need to talk COPS with
the CMTS to complete the calls, so I think the sane default is to
enable res_pktcops if chan_mgcp is enabled.
--

The PacketCable consortium extends IETF COPS to define a protocol used
to ask CMTS's allocate bandwidth for calls.

Saludos,
Nahuel Greco.