[asterisk-dev] Bounty

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 10:25:02 CST 2010

Asterisk is unique in the sense that you get a G723 call and you may connect
it out with Ulaw provider, a G729 carrier, and the reverse is also true.
There are many technologies that deal only with signaling, but I have not
found a clear alternative to Asterisk when you consider the codecs and
transcoding issues. Also I get one call in, and start dialing all the
carriers on the order of price, from cheapest to the most expensive. So I
need a complete separation of the inbound channels and the outbound channel.
Maybe somebody can recommend how to do these tricks away from Asterisk. I
don't think it is possible.
Version 1.6X with a new feature found in Trunk (Q850 relay on the BYE) make
Asterisk into a Class 5. If we can solve this bug that I reported several
months ago.

Yours

Federico