[asterisk-dev] Variable set by Asterisk in failed estension

Robert Kenton robert.kenton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 09:35:31 CST 2010

Hi list,
   Reading at voip-info.org I found a statement that say "The ${REASON}
variable is set by Asterisk when it enters the special Failed extension"
This is using the .call file for outgoing calls.

I have been looking at the pbx.c file and didn't find where it is set.

I'm looking at asterisk-1.4.29.1 and found the only place where is set a
variable is on line 5107 of pbx.c like this.

set_ext_pri(chan, "failed", 1);
ast_set_variables(chan, vars);

And here there is not a REASON varieble set.

May you help me found where is the ${REASON} setting done ?

RK.