[asterisk-dev] Bounty

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Feb 25 11:00:57 CST 2010

25 feb 2010 kl. 17.46 skrev Kevin P. Fleming:

> Tim Ringenbach wrote:
>> If "first ring" is what you want, you would probably not want to count
>> 100's, only 183 or 180. For example. OpenSips automatically sends back a
>> 100 trying when you sent it a call, before it even passes the packet on
>> to it's destination. It then absorbs the 100 Trying it gets from the far
>> end.
>
> All SIP UAS endpoints must send 100 Trying in response to an INVITE as
> quickly as they can do so (and for other sorts of requests as well).
> Asterisk does this now.

All proxys has to send a 100 trying to say "I've got it and I'm trying to proxy this message through". At that point, we stop retransmitting stuff, since we've got someone acting on our behalf. That's why the proxy send 100 trying by itself and swallow the one received from the other side, if received.

/O