[asterisk-dev] SIP Autopeer templates [was Re: The fate of 16033]

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Feb 23 00:27:37 CST 2010

22 feb 2010 kl. 23.44 skrev Kirill 'Big K' Katsnelson:

> On 100217 2352, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>> Does not look like it has been used much at all? What I am missing somewhat there is kind of a peer "template" that would be applied to an autocreated peer -- you can configure a manual one in a [section] of sip.conf, but little can be configured in an automatic one.
>>>
>> Funhy you should say that. In my chan_sip2 code over five years ago, there was a template system for autocreatepeer as well as for realtime. Maybe we should bring that template code alive again.
>
> I have seen chan_sip2 in general and the template feature in particular mentioned in the tracker, but could never figure out what happened to that code.
Most of it got merged after Mark and I agreed on things. But not all. This is one part that was never merged.

>>> Do you think such a feature could be of any interest to the community of users? I have not taken a decision to implement it yet, but I'll put that on the "pro" side of the balance.
>> I think it's needed both for autocreatepeers and for realtime. I often get questions if the templates we have in text based configs is available for realtime, but it is not. We do need something for that.
>> If I remember correctly, I had something like
>> [template_autocreatepeer]
>> type=template
>> [mysweetrealtimeclass5]
>> type=template
>> These where excluded from all matching and counting of objects, but used when creating the peers. I think the implementation would be much more simple now.
>
> Sounds sweet. So does that exist anywhere?
Well, chan_sip2 is still around in the bug tracker somewhere deeply hidden. I also have it on my hard disk drive. As always, if I get funding I can update this code.

The reason why I did not merge this was because Kevin came up with the configuration templates. They can not solve these issues however, so I agree there's still need for the device templates.

/O