[asterisk-dev] Can Asterisk use two network interfaces?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Feb 22 02:42:58 CST 2010

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if Asterisk can use two network interfaces. I have two
> networks: one internal (10.1.x.x) and one external (195.x.x.x). Can I make a
> call between two SIP users one internal and one external?
>
> Thank

Hi!
  Yes, of course you can. You just have to specify both interfaces (their IPs
or host names) as valid local domains, and voilla, you can call as you wish.
Probably you will have to specify the "localnet" setting and enter the private
IP ranges there, and also be a bit clever about forcing Asterisk to do a RTP
proxy, if the clients in the private network cannot reach public network.
  With regards, Pavel